Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fast Forward to Week 7: 5.1 Miles run

Alright so quick recap of week 5 where we ran a comfortable 4 miles from Sterling to Reston W&OD trail. I clocked at 46 minutes 26 seconds.
Image Courtesy: http://blog.nasbephoto.com/2011/04/

Week 6 was the first 4.8 mile run and we missed it :(

Week 7 was our first 5.1 mile run through a lot of uphills and downhills.. A roller coaster of a ride.. We ran next to the beautiful Lake Newport. We reached late (alright we were overconfident that we knew where the location was and got lost! Ended up circling and reaching late for the run). Fortunately we took the same course as the team and boy was I happy when I saw them on our way back. The team is my inspiration!

We went back for the spartan training where we were supposed to swing and complete a course of monkey bars. I reconfirmed my belief that I have no upper body strength and could not even reach the monkey bars to start with :) But it was so much fun! I used to play monkey bars almost every day at school but that was  way back when I was stick thin :)

We just ran our first 5 miles, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment