Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 11: 13 mile run, oh no!

I wanted to start this post with wth.. Yes that's how I feel about today's run.. 

We had our very first interval training this Wednesday and it was nice.. My legs were shaking like crazy the entire time and on the way back when I drove home.. I researched why, and turns out I am not getting enough nutrients and electrolytes into my body.. Anyway the next day we had yoga and though my legs were sore I felt yoga actually helped loosen them up a bit. By evening I was walking with a weird gait and I did not want to run on Friday and worsen it. I slept after applying some pain relief spray..

So come Sunday I think to myself it's all going to be okay.. But as I start running I notice that I'm not able to increase my pace. My legs felt like lead. After 2 miles my shins hurt and my right knee hurt. Harsh had slowed down for me and I had the terrible guilt return that he was slowing down for me, I tried running and it hurt more. I decided I would just walk. 

After 6.5 miles I wanted to quit but then we thought maybe we still had it in us. We had walked for 4 miles and run the rest so we were really late with a time of 2 hours for 6.5 miles.. We started running again and I felt I could run this time. We ran for 2 miles and thats when everything started acting up.. I actually lost track of what hurt more, the sharp pangs through my left thigh or my right knee, my shins or my soles.. 

What I felt most sad about however was the way I behaved.. I should have run. Instead I chose to give up. You should never give up! Sure it will hurt, but hey I'm strong. I shouldn't have given up. We were picked by our running mentors at mile 10.. I had given up today and let Harsh down.. I really do wish he stopped waiting for me. He may hurt himself running slow because of me.

Anyway I'm home, and trying to rest my right knee that's swollen now.. More pain relief spray.. I know I have never played any sport or been active but I do wish things change.. I am trying hard and I wish my body knew that.. It's a silly wish but I wish I ran super fast and was super strong. It doesn't hurt to dream, but dreaming doesn't fix things, hard work does. I need to work harder and figure out a way to somehow fix myself. Please God, don't let the marathon bus pick me up! I really do want to finish this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment