Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 9: Accidental 9 miles

Last Sunday we ran with the group and I must say the first 3 miles were the hardest! I would've given up hadn't it been for Harsh bugging me so much that I had to just give in and partly because I thought I could do it. It was a simple 8 mile run with a beautiful course picked out by our mentor and I am glad I did not give up. My legs didn't ache but I had skipped dinner the previous night and breakfast that morning, save for a lone banana that I thought would help.. I was totally out of energy within the first 2 miles.. But as I have observed it always usually gets better after 4 miles, your mind tells you that you need to go back the distance some way, so just get on with it!

I think I ran better later and finished with all the other people from the team with a distance of 9.3 miles in 2 hours 10 minutes. We did miss a turn and ended up running for 1 mile extra but by then I was in my running mode so I didn't really care.


View Larger Map 

Harsh leaves to work early but reaches home late in the evenings partly due to the long commute. It surprises me that he still has the energy to go out for a run and I have recently started joining him for his runs for two reasons, first one being that just getting out of the house for a run on your own is difficult, running once out on the road is simple and since both of us plan it a day in advance we are firmer with our resolve to run. The second reason is that I run at a much slower pace compared to our group, but I found that I start out slower but pick up the pace as I run, with Harsh he knows it and just lets me be so we start our run as we chat and once we are ready we have short sprints followed by long slow runs. Theres actually a third reason, running with him is fun! We discuss all these crazy topics and run through newer routes, and once we get back from our run we both are equally fresh, gives us time to cook or clean up.

I have given a lot of details today but I want to remember these things. I have a terrible memory and constant fear of getting alzheimer's. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment