Sunday, April 21, 2013

Makeup Run: Angry birds and Bugs Bunny!

After a disappointing run on Friday, Harsh decided to cheer me a little by taking me for another run on Saturday. I was glad he wanted to run with me because I could relax and run at a comfortable pace and get my 1 mile run correct this time. We started off slowly putting no pressure and reached the half mile point easily jogging the entire time. Then Harsh gave his signal which meant that we had to pick up our pace, even that felt good. I did pause when we reached the traffic signals but ran almost all the way. We had covered a little over 1.8 miles running when the thought that we had to run back the same distance occurred. It was a beautiful day and I saw many birds on our run, 2 of them very similar in looks to the red and blue angry birds! I even saw a bunny rabbit! Oh it was so cute, hopping along!

Well we walked a little more, we wanted to see the 2 mile marker and thats when my knees started hurting. My knees don't hurt on most runs, but they were hurting after I had slowed to a walk. Harsh asked me to brush it off, and keep my mind on the trail and nature. Nature can be very distracting at times! We saw this runner in pink waiting for the signal to cross the street with us and she was such an inspiration. We started running once again. We did a quick sprint near the last half mile marker and then decided to walk the rest of the way. My knee was surprisingly not hurting as badly and the run just made our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment