Me and my little brother used to make paper boats when it rained. We had a slope coming inwards to our house and it meant rain water collecting in our front yard when it rained. We would sneak out to get wet or if it was the first rain of the season it generally meant small hail stones falling from the skies above. We would rush to collect them in our little palms and eat them before they melted. Sometimes if we caught a big one we would rush indoors completely wet to show our granny what treasure we had caught in our palms.
It rained this friday so we got to run in the rain. It was such a fun run for most people. I don't know why I was tired this friday, my body seemed fine but mentally I was not prepared to run. When we finally ran our 1.1 mile I just dashed out, determined to be done with it as soon as possible. I just wanted to go home and have a warm cup of tea, maybe even sleep for a little while I suppose, but instead I kept pushing myself and then kept going out of breath. I would run overtake a couple of people only to go back for a walk to end up right where I started behind them. My breath was erratic and though my legs felt as if they could easily run longer my breath said a firm 'no-no'. A friend helped me get through the run. Hadn't he told me to push myself, I don't think I would've kept running.
I was throughly disappointed in myself. Not even the rain or the pretty little turtle that I held in my hand (to take him off the road) could cheer me. I just wanted another chance to redo my run, to do it right this time.
It rained this friday so we got to run in the rain. It was such a fun run for most people. I don't know why I was tired this friday, my body seemed fine but mentally I was not prepared to run. When we finally ran our 1.1 mile I just dashed out, determined to be done with it as soon as possible. I just wanted to go home and have a warm cup of tea, maybe even sleep for a little while I suppose, but instead I kept pushing myself and then kept going out of breath. I would run overtake a couple of people only to go back for a walk to end up right where I started behind them. My breath was erratic and though my legs felt as if they could easily run longer my breath said a firm 'no-no'. A friend helped me get through the run. Hadn't he told me to push myself, I don't think I would've kept running.
I was throughly disappointed in myself. Not even the rain or the pretty little turtle that I held in my hand (to take him off the road) could cheer me. I just wanted another chance to redo my run, to do it right this time.

No comments:
Post a Comment