As I write my first few words I am gripped with the fear that its going to be out there for everyone to see. Everyone's going to know that I have been silly enough to do something as crazy as register for the Marine Corps Marathon this coming October. They say the power of imagination is a very powerful tool in training. Imagine yourself cross the finish line they say, I have no problem imaging myself crossing the finish line, it is the 26.2 miles leading to the finish line thats all a blur.
I still remember the reaction I got when I told my husband and family about my decision to prepare for a marathon. I had never heard them laugh so loudly in my life! I guess they thought it was just a phase I was going through like the phase I decided it was about time to overcome my fear of water and learn how to swim! I never did learn how to swim and I am going to carry that shame with me until the day I am finally able to complete that first lap on my own. But given that its been a few days and the marathon fever hasn't subsided, I am so glad that both my husband and family have decided to stick by me and show their support.
So this is me, a non runner taking on the seemingly impossible dream of finishing her first marathon in exactly 202 days, injury free hopefully with some great people at work with a similar dream.
I even made a counter for it (http://bit.ly/10IxYZJ).
Phew! 26.2 miles, its just a number, its just a number, its just a number..
I still remember the reaction I got when I told my husband and family about my decision to prepare for a marathon. I had never heard them laugh so loudly in my life! I guess they thought it was just a phase I was going through like the phase I decided it was about time to overcome my fear of water and learn how to swim! I never did learn how to swim and I am going to carry that shame with me until the day I am finally able to complete that first lap on my own. But given that its been a few days and the marathon fever hasn't subsided, I am so glad that both my husband and family have decided to stick by me and show their support.
So this is me, a non runner taking on the seemingly impossible dream of finishing her first marathon in exactly 202 days, injury free hopefully with some great people at work with a similar dream.
I even made a counter for it (http://bit.ly/10IxYZJ).
Phew! 26.2 miles, its just a number, its just a number, its just a number..
No comments:
Post a Comment