We missed this Sunday's run as we were out late with my husbands friends.
In order to make up we decided to go for a 1.5 mile run today. We skipped the treadmill and took the sidewalk instead. Treadmill is for kids (Oh I miss you treadmill!). We figured 2 laps would be roughly 1.5 miles.
I started off running faster determined to improve my speed today, also, I wanted to show off to my husband that I was getting much better at my runs. He on the other hand started off slow at a constant pace. What I had forgotten is that he used to run! Even before we reached the .5 mile mark he was ahead of me, I decided I needed to breathe better and keep my speed higher. I ran faster over taking him several times only to go back to a walk out of breath a few minutes later to find him come from nowhere to over take me comfortably every single time.
There is nothing like some healthy (literally in this case!) competition once in a while. I realized after our 2 laps were done that even though he hadn't run in over 4 years, he was still better at it than me. We walked another lap just to be sure we covered the 1.5 mile distance. As the story goes the Tortoise won the race comfortably and by a huge distance all the while steadily increasing his pace while the Hare in this case panted for air! :)
I will find out what I missed in this Sunday's run and update this blog. Week 2 starts, so far so good.
In order to make up we decided to go for a 1.5 mile run today. We skipped the treadmill and took the sidewalk instead. Treadmill is for kids (Oh I miss you treadmill!). We figured 2 laps would be roughly 1.5 miles.
I started off running faster determined to improve my speed today, also, I wanted to show off to my husband that I was getting much better at my runs. He on the other hand started off slow at a constant pace. What I had forgotten is that he used to run! Even before we reached the .5 mile mark he was ahead of me, I decided I needed to breathe better and keep my speed higher. I ran faster over taking him several times only to go back to a walk out of breath a few minutes later to find him come from nowhere to over take me comfortably every single time.
There is nothing like some healthy (literally in this case!) competition once in a while. I realized after our 2 laps were done that even though he hadn't run in over 4 years, he was still better at it than me. We walked another lap just to be sure we covered the 1.5 mile distance. As the story goes the Tortoise won the race comfortably and by a huge distance all the while steadily increasing his pace while the Hare in this case panted for air! :)
I will find out what I missed in this Sunday's run and update this blog. Week 2 starts, so far so good.

No comments:
Post a Comment