Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Week 2: Run 2 - I can run!

We were running another 1 mile run with the group today. One of my goals for today was to run the 0.5 mile at a stretch and try to beat the time of 14 minutes that I usually take to complete the 1.1 mile mark. Today I did both and I couldn't be happier. I realized near the very end that I may not be able to make it before the 14 minute target and thats when I said to myself, whats the worst that can happen if I start sprinting for the last few meters or so. My brain did not give me any reason not to, maybe it was too tired or too optimistic or still stuck on the validation that I working on. And surprisingly my legs took off and I think I finished somewhere close to the 13 minute time today. When I finished I was out of breath, but my legs were numb, I didn't feel any pain! The legs did pain for a while later but nothing too serious. Feels good to push yourself and be able to achieve something as simple finishing one minute faster. But for that instant I felt good about it. Week 2, run 2, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment