Today I ran after 2 weeks. We did run 8 miles on last 24th but thats when the cramps hit me again after the 7th mile. I'm a funny runner when I start actually running, my hands go loose, my stride length increases and I actually start enjoying the run.. I wish I could run like that for all of 26 miles but I can't. Reason - I don't train enough.
That brings me back to todays run. If I can just say that I felt amazing until the 13th mile. Thats when, you guessed it right, the cramps hit. Instead of giving up I kept running today. Harsh told me a story whose gist says that an injured tiger is more dangerous as it gives 150%. He compared me to an injured tigresses. I went along with this joke. To set things straight Harsh has retracted his statement about me being a tigresses and has now declared that I am a vegetarian sheep :)
Anyway this was the funny part. After 14.79 miles I had given up. I switched off my mapmyrun app and sat on the grass. I wanted to give up. Thats unacceptable to my idealistic husband. His words "We never quit. Completing what we started is most important." We walked for the rest of the distance. In the end, I could barely feel anything, it still hurt but we had done it. We made everyone wait for us, which was not at all good and we feel guilty as ever for it. But it means a lot that they stayed. The advice we receive from them is crucial and their support is what has kept us going.We took 5 hours but we completed 18 miles. Not proud of it. Not ashamed of it either.
My latest physical says I have some condition that basically makes my body feel tired most of the times. It also accompanies with a host of other effects, my body cannot utilize all the nutrients that I pump into it. Basically my essential hormones are all acting crazy. After repeated tests I am still waiting for the final verdict.
So far so good, I will record my wednesday and friday workouts. Very little time left, need to train better.
That brings me back to todays run. If I can just say that I felt amazing until the 13th mile. Thats when, you guessed it right, the cramps hit. Instead of giving up I kept running today. Harsh told me a story whose gist says that an injured tiger is more dangerous as it gives 150%. He compared me to an injured tigresses. I went along with this joke. To set things straight Harsh has retracted his statement about me being a tigresses and has now declared that I am a vegetarian sheep :)
Anyway this was the funny part. After 14.79 miles I had given up. I switched off my mapmyrun app and sat on the grass. I wanted to give up. Thats unacceptable to my idealistic husband. His words "We never quit. Completing what we started is most important." We walked for the rest of the distance. In the end, I could barely feel anything, it still hurt but we had done it. We made everyone wait for us, which was not at all good and we feel guilty as ever for it. But it means a lot that they stayed. The advice we receive from them is crucial and their support is what has kept us going.We took 5 hours but we completed 18 miles. Not proud of it. Not ashamed of it either.
My latest physical says I have some condition that basically makes my body feel tired most of the times. It also accompanies with a host of other effects, my body cannot utilize all the nutrients that I pump into it. Basically my essential hormones are all acting crazy. After repeated tests I am still waiting for the final verdict.
So far so good, I will record my wednesday and friday workouts. Very little time left, need to train better.
No comments:
Post a Comment